While we take such care to pick out organic, earth-friendly products for our children, often times we’re missing the big picture by not doing the same for ourselves.
Fashion has come along way since the first Earth Day in 1970 and using sustainable and recycled materials to make clothes, shoes and accessories is more than just a trend – it’s a way of life. Supporting companies that are good to Mother Earth is a win-win for everyone and ensures that our habitats are here for us to enjoy now and for generations yet to come. Here’s a look at some of our favorite eco-friendly companies and their perfect spring fashions.
1. Made with recycled cork, bamboo and vegetable-tanned leather: Naya Alpine Sandal, $125
2. Made with hemp:EcoSkin Capella Top, $66
3. Made with biodegradable materials:SPROUT Watches Diamond Dial Watch, $75
4. Made using an eco-friendly dye process and materials: Gypsy 05 Long Maxi Dress, $98
5. Made with eco-friendly canvas and with each pair purchased, another pair is donated to a child in need: Toms Shoes Classics, $54
6. Made with vegan-faux leather: Matt & Nat Ritual Bag, $126