There's no getting around it: laundry is a part of every mom's life. And as time-consuming as it can be, there are simple ways to make it less so. Here are some time-saving laundry tips to get you on the right track.
1. Invest in a washer and dryer that can hold large loads, like this pair from the Maytag Bravos line. The Maytag Bravos washer allows you to triple your load size, and that means less time loading and unloading laundry and waiting around for wash and dry cycles to complete.
2. Instead of spending the entire weekend tied to the washer and dryer, do a load a day to spread it out over the week.
3. Assign a laundry basket to each member of your family. Fold clean laundry and place inside the appropriate basket, like these Stack n' Sort baskets from The Container Store, and have each person pick up their basket and put away their clothes.
4. Sock Cops keep socks together during washing and drying, so you'll save time (and your sanity!) by no longer having to search for and match up pairs.
5. Taking your clothes out of the dryer as soon as they're done often eliminates the need to iron. Still have pesky wrinkles to remove? Try a steamer, like this one from Conair – they're quicker and easier to use than a traditional iron, and you won't need to drag out the ironing board!
6. Free up a hand (and a few seconds) by using Method’s squeezable detergent, which can be pumped directly into the washing machine. No more fumbling with messy detergent caps!
7. Forget spending time hand-washing: most delicates can be washed in the washing machine, provided that you give them a little protection. Tuck them inside a mesh bag with a zipper, like this one from Handy Laundry, and they'll be spared rough treatment when going through the wash.