Sometimes I just want a salad for dinner. But not just any salad, I want a plate that is healthy and packed with protein and flavor. I love this Spinach and Citrus Salad recipe because it satisfies in terms of health, but also hits all the right notes with flavor and fun. Occasionally I serve it alongside chicken and couscous, other times I skip the starch and just put the chicken right on top!
Spinach and Citrus Salad Recipe
Add some zest to your usual salad routine with this Spinach and Citrus Salad recipe!
- packed spinach leaves, washed and dried: 4 cups
- walnuts, lightly toasted: 1 cup
- craisins: ½ cup
- crumbled blue cheese: ½ cup
- small oranges, peeled and slivered (or small can of mandarin oranges): 1 - 2
- olive oil (for dressing): ½ cup
- red wine vinegar (for dressing): ¼ cup
- kosher salt (for dressing): 1 pinch
- lemon, zested and juiced (for dressing): ½
Step 1: In a large salad bowl toss the spinach, walnuts, craisins, and blue cheese. Then, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and lemon zest and juice.
Step 2: Drizzle the salad dressing over the spinach and toss everything well so the leaves are evenly coated. Then, arrange the orange slices on top. Serve!