A few kitchen staples and a handful of herbs and spices are blended together to make deliciously wholesome Sweet Potato Chickpea Patties. A perfect recipe for a Meatless Monday dinner or even a hearty on-the-go snack!
Sweet Potato Chickpea Patties Recipe
Sweet potato chickpea patties are the perfect addition or centerpiece in a wholesome meal.
- large sweet potato, pureed: 1 cup
- cooked chickpeas (fresh, frozen, or canned): 1 1/2 cups
- cilantro leaves, packed: 1/4 cup
- scallions, sliced: 1/4 cup
- whole grain flour (spelt or wheat): 2 tablespoons
- oat bran: 2 tablespoons
- paprika: 2 teaspoons
- dried coriander: 1 teaspoon
- dried thyme: 1/2 teaspoon
- curry powder (optional): 1 tablespoon
- salt and pepper: to taste
Step 1: Steam or boil sweet potatoes until tender.
Step 2: While sweet potatoes are cooking add scallions and cilantro leaves to the food processor bowl and blend until finely chopped.
Step 3: Lightly mash sweet potatoes before adding them to the food processor bowl.
Step 4: Add mashed sweet potatoes, chickpeas, flour, oat bran, paprika, coriander, thyme, curry, and salt and pepper.
Step 5: Blend until mixture is well incorporated.
Step 6: Form patties, and fry on a lightly oiled non - stick skillet until golden brown (about 5 minutes). Flip and cook for another 5 minutes.