Summer and grilled chicken go hand-in-hand. It is one of my personal favorite summer dinners and I can’t get enough of it.
Of course, it is also very friendly to home cooks because it is so easy to prepare the chicken ahead of time. Simple marinate the chicken whenever you have the time and leave it in the fridge. Then, that evening, all you need to do is pop it on the grill. In some cases I even grill it on the grill pan on the stove if it is raining or I can’t make it out to grill. No matter how you cook it here are your awesome grilled chicken dinners for summer! —
3. Lemon-Rosemary Grilled Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 lemons, halved and juiced (save the rind)
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed flat
- 6 whole sprigs of rosemary
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Pierce breasts several times with fork tines. Drop chicken into a Ziploc bag.
2. In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, salt and spices. Pour on top of chicken and squish chicken around in the Ziploc to make sure chicken is fully coated.
3. Add lemon halves, garlic cloves and rosemary springs to the bag. Squeeze air out and seal. Squish chicken around in all ingredients again to make sure everything is evenly distributed. Marinade in the fridge for at least one hour.
4. Heat grill and cook chicken over a medium flame for 7-8 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.