This recipe has been around for ages, it always works and everyone loves it. I even make this with my daughter and we sprinkle christmas sprinkles on it to give to her friends for the holidays!
- 40 unsalted saltine crackers
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 12 ounces semis-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds or christmas sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line a 10×15 jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. On the foil line up 40 crackers so that they fit snuggly.
3. Melt butter and sugar together over medium heat in a saucepan. Once it is all melted pour the hot mixture over the crackers. The crackers will “float” at a bit, try to keep them all lined up.
4. Bake for 8 minutes, the mixture will be nice and bubbly.
5. Remove from the oven and immediately scatter the chocolate chips on top. As they begin to melt smooth them with a spatula so that they cover the entire tray.
6. Place pan in the refrigerator until cool and set. At least 2 hours.
7. Break into pieces and serve.