Soup makes an excellent first course for your Thanksgiving feast. This recipe is easy enough to make for every day and elegant enough to serve during the holidays. This Root Vegetable Pear Soup is packed with flavor, it’s incredibly healthy, and it’s easy to make! What more could you ask for? Make this delicious fall recipe for your family this season!
prep time/work time: 20 minutes
cook time: 1 hour
total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- olive oil for the pan
- ½ cup yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoons fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup turnips, peeled, roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
Step 3: Add the carrots, parsnips and turnips to the pot and cook until they are beginning to brown (about 10 minutes).
Step 4: Add the pear and stock; bring to a boil. Immediately turn the heat to a low simmer, cover, and cook until the vegetables are tender (about 30 to 40 minutes).
Step 5: Turn the heat off and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s very smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Want more Thanksgiving Recipes?