Sometimes I use some homemade gnocchi I keep in the freezer, but other times I just buy fresh or frozen gnocchi at the market. It is so easy pull together in a snap. You could even use ricotta or potato gnocchi depending on what you want! Also, if you want a different pop of flavor try using thyme or rosemary instead of sage in the sauce.
- 1 pound frozen potato gnocchi, thawed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 or 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Cook the gnocchi according to package directions and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, over medium-low heat warm the butter, sage, and salt. The butter will begin to turn a golden brown and small bits of milk solids will fall to the bottom. At this point, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
3. Toss the butter with the freshly cooked gnocchi and sprinkle each serving with a bit of Parmesan cheese.