If you couldn’t tell by my last few posts on Momtastic, I am trying to make an effort to make better breakfasts. Having my kids just grab a bowl of cereal and calling that good wasn’t enough anymore.
I want to send them out the door with full bellies and the stamina to make it through the day.
Egg quesadillas, yogurt smoothies, baked oatmeal… all have been hits at our house. Since we love tortillas so much, I decided it is high time to give breakfast burritos a try. These breakfast wraps are as versatile as you want to make them and packed full of protein.
This delicious, filling breakfast can be enjoyed around the table at home or wrapped and enjoyed on the go. Either way, you can feel good about your kids having a great start to their day with this delicious breakfast burrito.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked
- 5 eggs, scrambled and cooked
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely shredded cheese of your choice(mozzarella, cheddar, swiss)
- 5 medium tortillas
- Combine cooked sausage, scrambled eggs, red bell pepper and cheese into a large bowl.
- Place tortillas in between two damp paper towels. Put in microwave and warm for 1 minute.
- Scoop sausage/egg mixture into each tortilla. Fold and wrap into a burrito. Serve warm.